Express
Zoom | 4WD Action | Fast Fours | Aussie Brutes | HPI | Xtreme Holdens | Hot4s | Street Fords | Extreme Street | Caravan & Motorhome | Magstore
Back to Street Commodores Home Back to Street Commodores Home Current Issue
Unread 02-08-2008, 08:10 AM   #1
AKXTC
Pedestrian

Ride: VX Calais 5.7 liter SII
Default Horn beeping problem

My VT berlina seems to be having some issues with its horn / alarm system.

When I lock the door (using remote) the car beeps once (doesn't happen all the time).
I have checked to see if all doors are locked, and they are, however I still get the beep (once) when I lock the doors.

Also I took out the horn fuse the other day since the horn seemed to be stuck and the only way the stuck horn stopped was by taking out the fuse. However I dont think that is related to the horn beeping once problem since it still beeps once when I lock the doors.

Any ideas what could be wrong?
AKXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 08:24 AM   #2
VN_Formula
SS Member

most alarms beep once if a door or boot/bonnet is not shut properly

Check to see if your boot light is not staing on that may be the problem
or check the switch for the bonnet and make sure its making contact and being pushed in
VN_Formula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 12:19 PM   #3
LS1VY
SS Member

Ride: ?

Litre
LS1VY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 03:27 PM   #4
missgen3
Pedestrian

Ride: wh statesman international II

ok my vx had this issue apparently its in the computer and its a glitch in it this is coming from holdens and once in it the only way around it is to change the alarm system found this out the hard way with the electrician having it for hrs trying to figure it out and now even my wh statesman does it and is a very common problem and no it doesnt do it all the time and sometimes is very faint
missgen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 06:06 PM   #5
Hardy
SV6 Member

Ride: VS Series 2 L67 Calais

Could be a faulty door switch. (Intermittent because its not happening all the time). ie; Occasionally it thinks a door is still open when you lock it.

I only mention it becuase I had a problem with my headlights not turning off when I stop, keyed-off and opened the door (on auto) because my drivers door switch thought the door was always closed.

Good luck.
Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote