PDA

View Full Version : Whats included in a police pack.

CorsaExtreme
02-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Ive seen a fair few "whats my ex cop commo got" threads, and ive also added what i know into a fair few of them, but now ive found some listings of the options so i'll post here for you all.

VR/VS
The BT1 pack contains the following: ABS, FE2 Sports Suspension, IRS, LSD, Driver's Airbag (SRS), 80L fuel tank, Sump protector plate and fuel tank protector plate, Door interior light switches disabled, map reading light/interior light, special brake pads (front and rear), certified police speedometer, with light in instrument binnacle over speedo (to read speedo no lights on), and can be V6, V8 or HSV V8. With the V8, the seats have SS embroided on them.

The BT1 pack is added to an Executive, but (in Queensland at least) can also be added on to SS with HSV V8 for pursuit vehicles.

VT
The 9C1 pack contains some of the following: ABS, FE2 Sports Suspension, IRS, LSD, Driver's Airbag and Passenger's Airbag (SRS), Sump protector plate and fuel tank protector plate, Door interior light switches disabled, map reading light/interior light, special brake pads (front and rear), certified police speedometer, with light in instrument binnacle over speedo (to read speedo no lights on), and can be V6, V8 or HSV V8.

With the V8, the seats have SS embroided on them. The 9C1 pack is added to an Executive, but (in Queensland at least) can also be added on to SS with HSV V8 for pursuit vehicles.

VX, VY, VZ
All 9C1 pack Commodores have the following above what is on standard Commodores: ABS, FE2 Sports Suspension, LSD, 15" x 7" rims, 225 x 60 R15 tyres, Passenger's Airbag, Sump protector plate, additional Wiring Loom (supplying power for lights siren etc.), modified Transmission Gate (can manually select 2nd gear in auto box without depressing top of gear stick), Interior Dome Light with Incorporated Map Reading lights (as per Calais), Interior Lights Isolation Switch (isolates glovebox light, boot and interior dome and map reading lights), Front brake pads are Bendix Ultimate, Rear Brake Pads are standard "Akibono" made by PBR.

A larger higher capacity battery with 450 CCA and 115 min RC.

The Speedo has 2 km/h increments marked. Any VT/VX/VY Commodore can have the "Police Mode" digital speed indication feature enabled under the Speedo dial with Tech 2 at a dealership. Takes about 3 minutes. In doing this, the vehicle looses the Speed Alert feature.

9C1 gets 2 horns, the standard 400hz horn plus a more powerful 450hz horn.

The following features are service and state specific variations fitted on request only:
Fuel tank protector plate,
Electric Windows (ordered on some V6 Qld Police Sedans),
Side Airbags (NSW Police now include these as mandatory).
Cruise Control
**Holden strongly recommends against the 9C1 Executive V8 due to the mismatch of engine power and 15 x 7 rims with 225 x 60 R15 tyres.

Victoria, SA and NSW Police only use 9C1 V8 option on Commodore SS Sedan. (Victoria Police also use 9C1 V8 option on Commodore SS Ute).

Queensland Police use 9C1 V8 Option with Commodore SS and persist on demanding availability in Executive V8. SA use 9C1 pack on Executives, sometimes optioning the Country Pack Suspension (which is FE2 with higher ground clearance.)

On SA Acclaims FE2 is not used.

Vic occasionally order Acclaims with FE2. Vic also orders Berlinas in small numbers both V8 & V6.

In addition to the above, the basic 9C1 V6 Sedan & Wagon is also used by Non Police Govt Departments:
CFA (Country Fire Authority) Vic. - Not all are 9C1
MFB (Metropolitan Fire Brigade) Vic. - All are 9C1
MAS (Metropolitan Ambulance Service) Vic. All MICA (Mobile Intensive Care Ambulance) and CSO (Clinical Support Officer) cars are 9C1. General Transport cars are not 9C1.
NSWFB (New South Wales Rural Brigades) NSW
RAV (Rural Ambulance Service) Vic.
SES (State Emergency Service) Vic.

Australian Protective Service (APS) and Federal Police (AFP) order both V6 9C1 and V8 9C1 SS Sedans. Curiously, AFP SS Sedans have the bootlid spoiler removed, but are otherwise the same as a Vic Police 9C1 SS.

VETUFFSSV
02-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Also a Glock 9, two sets of hand cuffs, capsican spray, extendable batton and a snazzy uniform......sorry I just had to.

BeastVS
02-10-2007, 03:28 PM
This should be stickied. Maybe not in this section but still.

cgs
02-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Spoke to a copper a while back and said what's the deal with the ex police cars? His words were "don't buy one as they are not treated well". I tend to agree - I've seen them smash up the median strip at like 50k's an hour. Terrible.

SU8TLE
02-10-2007, 03:50 PM
our old police sergent in my old home town said never to by an ex cop car, in his words.

'their basically disposable cars, so we treat them like it'

CorsaExtreme
02-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Spoke to a copper a while back and said what's the deal with the ex police cars? His words were "don't buy one as they are not treated well". I tend to agree - I've seen them smash up the median strip at like 50k's an hour. Terrible.

our old police sergent in my old home town said never to by an ex cop car, in his words.

And fair enough too.

There's no way i would buy one.

We have had a few camera cars and they are generally good (the optioned goodies, and usually a different colour with tinted windows), but cop cars just dont get driven with respect.

Teletran1
02-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Great information, but you forgot to mention the spec'd up 500hp 'cop chips' :p

6/71 V8
02-10-2007, 04:23 PM
**Holden strongly recommends against the 9C1 Executive V8 due to the mismatch of engine power and 15 x 7 rims with 225 x 60 R15 tyres.

:dancingna i like that bit.

Macca33
02-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Very informative and good thread mate, well done.

Some other info:

All BT1/9C1 from VN onwards had the option to detent to 2nd in autos, without depressing the tranny selector button.

The VR/VS1 were driver airbag only, the VS2 was twin airbag.

Vic VS2 were Executives that had cut-out seats (not SS embroidered) that were designed to allow more comfort for coppers wearing holsters and firearms.

Cheers,

Macca

Mattys-VK
02-10-2007, 04:57 PM

My uncle has a ex cop car that he then converted to a Taxi.. It goes damn well :D
Though not to sure on its history but.

Burman
02-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Also, in WA i've noticed xr6 turbo cop cars dont have the option of stopping at stop lights. Seen it happen a few times up the road from me when im walking to the bus to get to work due to no license :p

Yeti
02-10-2007, 05:26 PM
What about the VL BT1? As seen on the SC DVD, comes standard with cooler and chopped bars dont they?

YLD29T
02-10-2007, 05:45 PM
What about the VL BT1? As seen on the SC DVD, comes standard with cooler and chopped bars dont they?

:spit: Thats funny as, but you forgot Yellow :chairfall :happy:

commodorenut
02-10-2007, 05:54 PM
There's huge differences between states, and a lot of NSW HWP cars do not follow the 'rules' in that list.

People also need to realise there is no fixed BT1 option list. BT1 simply means police equipment.

As an example, a stock VS V6 exec can have BT1 on the build plate, but all it got was the FE2, calais reading lamps, sump guard, calibrated speedo & RF suppression.
A VS V8 exec, also with BT1 on the plate, can have all of that, plus the SS seats, SS wiring harness, 7" wide wheels, ABS & IRS.

BT1 is not a 'it got this' spec - there are way too many variations between the actual cars, even in the same model, let alone the state differences.

All NSW HWP BT1 VR & VS were 165kw but had the SS interior standard.....

ralfus90
02-10-2007, 06:11 PM
sticky i say as well....should do one that includes all this info as well as earlier models ie first gen comms as well...

VS3800
02-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Yeah what about the ex chaser VLs uleh?

ralfus90
02-10-2007, 06:30 PM
^^^well we know not to leave em together coz they are multiplyin like mad...haha

afrothunder
02-10-2007, 10:19 PM
my old vs had the bt1 plate, had everything mentioned but it didnt have IRS, ran real well till it got to bout 160,000 kays

vpstroker
02-10-2007, 10:27 PM
ive had my vp ex chasser since 93 and never had a prob

bogey1
02-10-2007, 10:27 PM
They've been driven over median strips faster than that.:D

fullboost17
02-10-2007, 10:31 PM
niiice thread, very informative..! Puts all those wankers in their place thinking their BT1 is a souped up V8 supercar with a 1000000HP chip in it hahaha. good job mate..!

DoaBurnout
03-10-2007, 07:13 AM
:spit: Thats funny as, but you forgot Yellow :chairfall :happy:

As well as DOSE pipe and cut springs uleh

mazzstein
03-10-2007, 07:29 AM
just wanted to know what the hell is a certified police speedometer???
whats the difference

afrothunder
03-10-2007, 07:53 AM
different incremements i tink it is

commodorenut
03-10-2007, 08:41 AM
just wanted to know what the hell is a certified police speedometer???
whats the difference
Closer (depending on the model, but usually 2km/h) incrememnts on the scale, and they have been calibated by VDO to be accurate.

Commodore speedos, particularly early girls, are notoriously innaccurate.

fubs
03-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Always pull out the back seat in police pack.You never know what those crims
shove down there!!!:eyebrow:

da_neural
03-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Great information, but you forgot to mention the spec'd up 500hp 'cop chips' :p
lol so true . always have my mate saying to me you wait till i get my vs xbt1 i will be beating 5l's with only a chip . :rolleyes:

Smitty55
03-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Ive seen a fair few "whats my ex cop commo got" threads, and ive also added what i know into a fair few of them, but now ive found some listings of the options so i'll post here for you all.

nice post...no mention of the early ones though.... VH VK etc?

they had strange wiring in 'em

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/smitty1955/Car%20Pics/Dsc00624.jpg
(ignore rollcage bars :) )

Smitty55
03-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Very informative and good thread mate, well done.

Some other info:

All BT1/9C1 from VN onwards had the option to detent to 2nd in autos, without depressing the tranny selector button.

aaahh...think this was an option from VH on
certainly was there in VK

hth

commodorenut
03-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Detent was even removed in VC cop cars. I dunno about VBs as I've never found one, and the police forces were still committed to XC & XD fords back then, before the push by HDT to chase police contracts to fund the V8 development.

crocko_05
03-10-2007, 05:31 PM
VK-VL police packs all had Calais style interior lamp (with map lights). Also look for other tell-tail signs, (VK-VL), such as;
-front door arm-rests were same as rear door arm-rests (complete with ashtray)
-remove front door trims and check for extra holes in door skin (had PVC pipe installed on doors for batton to slip into).
-check door trims for hole repairs (see above)
-check for extra wiring under bonnet. NSW HWP cars had 'toggle' switch fitted in grill to activate roof lights when RBT or stationary radar work when standing in front of vehicle.
-check for paint repairs on roof and B-pillars. Holes required for fitment of lights and aerials.

Most of the other points have already been covered.

Smitty55
03-10-2007, 07:04 PM
mine
when i bought it
...along with strange wiring
(whats all the wiring hooked up to the speedo???)
and
the police air deflector kit
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/smitty1955/Car%20Pics/Dsc00702.jpg

and
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/smitty1955/Car%20Pics/Dsc00701.jpg

it also had the wiring in the roof (but no holes...see above pic)
and
strange metal brackets on the dash/glovebox fascia
...shotgun mounts I am told :eek:

hth

Smitty

CorsaExtreme
03-10-2007, 10:47 PM
nice post...no mention of the early ones though.... VH VK etc?

Yeah i know. Where i got this info from didnt have anything, and i personally dont know anything about that era.

If i do stumble across it i'll post it in here.

owen
10-10-2007, 10:36 AM
what kind of mods do they do to the Ve cop cars and are all highway patrol cars supercharged

crocko_05
10-10-2007, 05:05 PM
^^^^HWP cars in NSW are V8's, (Commodore SS & Falcon XR8). Dunno what you use down there in Mexico.

Smitty55
10-10-2007, 05:16 PM
what kind of mods do they do to the Ve cop cars
..not much
extra wiring, 'certified' instruments and stuff like steel bash plates

and are all highway patrol cars supercharged
...no
boy's been watching too much Mad Max :p

Smitty55
10-10-2007, 05:18 PM
^^^^HWP cars in NSW are V8's, (Commodore SS & Falcon XR8). Dunno what you use down there in Mexico.

Mexico...is mainly VE SS (there is still the odd Xr8 around up country)
and the VZ SS's are being retired now..The TMG here reportedly luv the VE
..stronger body and better suspension (handles abuse better)
plus of course more grunt than previous HWP cars